Immediate Relief from Receding Gums
Gum recession occurs so slowly that you may not realize you have lost gum tissue until it has changed the appearance of your smile. Receding gums are unattractive and unhealthy, too. Your gums are supposed to provide a barrier to disease and decay and without ample tissue, your tooth roots are left vulnerable. Replacing the soft tissue is critical, but many patients are anxious about gum grafting surgery. Dr. Joseph Bedich offers the Chao Pinhole® Surgical Technique (PST™) to correct your gum recession in Cortland, OH. PST™ is a minimally invasive gum graft alternative. Benefits include:
- No scalpels or sutures
- Faster healing
- Reduced swelling and bleeding
- Many teeth may be treated at a time
- Your smile is dramatically improved in a single visit
Contact Our Dental Practice in Cortland, Ohio
Please note we are not a provider for Medicare or Medicaid *
What Is the Minimally Invasive Chao Pinhole® Surgical Technique?
Through a small hole created in the gum tissue above or below your affected tooth, Dr. Bedich can access the connective tissue that holds your gum line in position. By loosening this tissue, he can readjust your gum tissue, moving it just enough to cover your exposed root. Your beautiful new gum line is held in place with collagen while it reattaches. Receding gums can be resolved in a single visit, depending upon the extent of your condition.
- No Scalpels or Sutures
- Minimal Discomfort vs Grafting
- Immediate Results
How Does PST™ Compare to Gum Grafting Surgery for Receding Gums?
While gum grafting is an excellent method of correcting gum recession in Cortland, OH, PST™ offers numerous benefits of comfort and convenience when the two are compared:
- Gum grafting is a transfer of tissue from a donor area to the area with receding gums, which means a minimum of two surgical sites or more if multiple teeth are treated. PST™ does not require incisions.
- Gum grafting tissue is sutured in place, and the integration of tissue may take weeks. PST™ provides you with an instantly healthier mouth.
- While the tissue heals following a gum graft, you may not be happy with the appearance of your gums. With PST™, however, you leave our office with a more beautiful smile.
If you have receding gums, contact our office to schedule a consultation with Dr. Bedich at the Center for Progressive Dentistry. We can dramatically improve the appearance and health of your smile.